Despite the fact that much has already been written and researched on Shakespeare, he remains part and parcel of the educational process of students of English, Literature, and Poetry courses at school. What to write on the subject? This issue is not simple, though some students believe that everything was already written about Shakespeare’s life and his characters, there is a great richness of material to study more.
Here our expert writers share some tips on writing ideal Shakespeare essays. You will learn how to compose an excellent Shakespeare biography essay, a character analysis essay, or any other Shakespeare-related work to win an impressively high grade.
Shakespeare Biography Essay or Character/Play Analysis?
Actually, there are many types of work you can compose about Shakespeare, and this may be both a Shakespeare biography essay and a work dedicated to his works. Students have to read numerous pages of Shakespeare’s writing, so there is hardly anyone not familiar with some book or play of this English author. Not all students love Shakespeare. Nevertheless, everyone should agree that he is a great writer who reserved a place in the history of humanity. His works are in-depth and thought-provoking, his characters are lively and relevant even to modern people, and his creative activity enjoys popularity for many years to come.
Thus, if you have the task to compose an assignment on Shakespeare, bring your thoughts to order and decide what aspect of his work or life to discuss. He wrote many different works, and his life itself is an interesting subject for discussion as well. Both a biography essay and a character analysis may be valuable options.
Shakespeare Essay Topics
Have no idea what to write about Shakespeare? Here is a list of simple and workable topics that may suit a short essay about William Shakespeare, though, with a creative approach and some work, they may transform even into dissertation topics. Be free to choose any of them:
- Analysis of competing interpretations of Shakespeare’s sonnets
- The ways in which Shakespeare addresses universal human values in his plays
- Shakespearean lovers: a character analysis
- Shakespeare’s women – character analysis in the context of feminist rights movement
- Stylistic analysis of Shakespeare’s works
- Debate of Shakespeare’s authorship of his works – analysis of recent findings and discoveries on the subject
- Examination of hidden codes and ciphers in the Shakespearean texts
- Scene-by-scene analysis of some Shakespearean play.
These are some of the ideas that can make a good company to your muse. In reality, research on Shakespeare is far from finished and completely not exhausted. So, you can make an original contribution to this field, even if you approach the subject skeptically.
Shakespeare Essay: The Writing Process.
Here we come to the very process of writing. Through these vital steps and don’t miss any of them to get an excellent-quality paper:
- Select a topic and conduct in-depth research on it (you may use one from the list above). Having a clear topic is a guarantee of a successful start for your essay; having no subject means that you will lose much time on narrowing down the topic before you finally may start writing.
- Compose an outline to give your essay structure. It will be a wonderful piece of guidance for you at first steps of the writing process.
- Select evidence to support each of your arguments. No high-quality paper may be complete without sound support of evidence from credible published resources. So, find the works of influencers and cite from them. This will give your paper credibility and persuasiveness.
- Compose topic sentences and structure paragraphs in a coherent way to build on your argument. All essays should have structure and consist of well-constructed paragraphs. To make yours ideal, develop topic sentences in line with your thesis statement and enrich them with evidence from authoritative sources.
- Write the introductory and concluding parts of your essay. After the “meat” of your essay is ready, give it some “seasoning” in the form of a catchy introduction and a thoughtful conclusion.
- Proofread the draft and remove all redundancies and errors. More on error avoidance is here – our writer share tips on improving works before tutors grade them.
These are our major tips for writing about William Shakespeare, a famous writer and playwright who lived in England in the 16-17th centuries, composed many plays, sonnets, and poems, and left an immense trace in the literary heritage of the world. He was a true genius of his time, the master of words, and the greatest artist of his epoch. In this way you will find ideas and topics for a fresh look at Shakespeare’s published works. Take these tips as guidance and head to your perfect Shakespeare essay.