- How to Write an A+ Exploratory Essay: Examples, Tips
- What is an Exploratory Essay?
- Exploratory Questions: Types
- How to Choose a Good Topic to Explore
- Is your topic really contradictory?
- To what type of questions it belongs?
- Is your topic related to one of the main needs of people?
- Exploratory Essay Outline
- 7 Introduction Tips
- Exploratory Essay: Body Part
- First Body Part of Essay
- Second Body Part of Exploratory Paper
- Essay Conclusion Tips
- Exploratory Essay Topics
- Health Issues
- Social Exploratory Topics
- Technology Problems
If you are a student who is looking for some guide, tips on how to write a good exploratory essay, that’s the ticket. Consider it done, you’ve found what you are looking for. Read the article and you will learn what is an exploratory essay, how to write it, how to choose the topic, find the problem of the essay and other important information.
What is an Exploratory Essay?
It is a special type of paper which gives the writer kind of privilege to explore the problem when writing. Working on it, you don’t need to make a thesis, find and give the supporting arguments. In it, you are able to feel free to make a research on your subject and show it to people. That’s why exploratory essays are said to be one of the most fun writing assignments compared to other papers. This paper can be called as an investigative essay, because in it you supposed to investigate, not to prove your thesis statement.
Is it hard? – No. Are there some special features which you should know? – Yes. Let’s start.
In your essay, you should give overviews of different points of view on the same issue after gathering information from relevant sources and find your own point. You have to write an outline. Outlines for different papers can differ, for example, check how to write good literary analysis outline. For exploratory essay outline, use special exploratory questions, find them below.
Exploratory Questions: Types
- Is this true? – This question shows if your topic or problem is real;
- What does your problem mean? – It is the question of definition, answering which you can show its meaning to the readers;
- Is it important and how much? – This question will show the importance of your problem. Give the value of issue which you bring up in your work;
- What was the cause? – Answer this question to explain the causes of the issue which you investigate in the essay;
- What actions should we take? - It will explain what can be done concerning this problem.
How to Choose a Good Topic to Explore
In your paper, you should investigate several points of view on your topic, that’s why you should be sure that it is actual and it is the matter of controversy. When you choose the topic, give the answers to the next questions.
Is your topic really contradictory?
You need to understand clearly is it something that is really interesting to talk about, do people discuss it currently?
To what type of questions it belongs?
- Definition question;
- Value question;
- Policy question.
Is your topic related to one of the main needs of people?
A good topic can be related to health issues, social problems, education, peace in the world and particular countries, work, government issues. If it seems too complicated, you can always order an essay online.
Exploratory Essay Outline
An outline has three main parts so you should cover all three parts and give the relevant information in each of them:
- Body part;
Here you can find good exploratory essay examples. Just follow the structure and you will complete your paper successfully.
It is the first page of your writing assignment and the part in which you have to give some key terms of your topic and describe them. Pay maximum attention to it. It will help you to show kind of a preview to your reader and get him interested in your problem. He will understand what he will read about, so give him a good reason to keep on his reading. The idea is to grab the attention of the reader. Check the best first lines in the literature which were used by the authors to grab reader’s attention.
7 Introduction Tips
- The first sentence should be short;
- Try to use “you” word at the beginning;
- Say something eye-catching and unusual;
- Explain why your paper is important to read;
- Show that your issue is currently relevant;
- Make your introduction brief;
- Give at least one reference to the reliable source.
Exploratory Essay: Body Part
In the body paragraphs of your essay, you will discuss different points of view and give all important information which can become a strong background on the issue. This part contains the points for your main thought and against it. Make sure that you include facts, statistics, examples. In order to write a good body, you should include two parts in it.
First Body Part of Essay
In this part, you should give information about the rhetorical background on the issue. Pay attention to:
- People involved in the issue,
- The time during which it lays just beneath the surface,
- Development of the issue, etc.
Second Body Part of Exploratory Paper
This part should be bigger than the previous one and should reflect different points of view. Here you should explore your topic and the ways in which people talk about it. Explore different position of the people concerning your issue and try to give them in the logical consequence giving the best of the reasons.
Your conclusions should return the reader to the introduction of your essay with the help of:
- Restating the main problem of the topic;
- Outlining some important points of view;
- Summarizing causes;
- Showing different approaches.
You can challenge your reader to make up his own conclusion. Asking him a question about his own opinion, and if it has changed after reading your essay.
Essay Conclusion Tips
- Challenge your reader to make his own conclusion;
- Give the final most persuasive facts or statistics;
- Outline the actions which can be taken to solve the problem of the topic.
Exploratory Essay Topics
Find good exploratory essay topics below.
- How does eating organic food affect our health?
- Cellphones and other technologies: can they cause brain cancer?
- Is caffeine really so addictive as we used to consider?
Social Exploratory Topics
- How are divorces affecting English children?
- Is renewable energy a viable solution for modern society?
- Effects of early marriages
- Is technology good for education or no and why?
- Internet and copyright protection
- Positive and negative effects of nanotechnology.
We tried to give you the most important information and tips in this article. If you still feel unconfident and don’t know if you can cope with the exploratory essay, you can order it from professionals. Feel free to ask any question, just write it in the comments and our professional writers will answer you.