Homelessness is a growing problem in every country, including the United States. Although many programs focus on helping to solve this major issue in the society today, nations often lack the resources necessary to help each homeless person. Homelessness remains one of the top social issues in the world and it can affect everyone: men and women, adults and children, single individuals and families. That’s why many teachers assign a homelessness essay.
A student may find it difficult to write this type of essays because this task requires their hard work to prevent poor grades. It’s considered an important part of your education. To submit a good academic paper, make the best choice of topics and follow easy guidelines to show your knowledge and skills in the required numbers of pages.
9 Great topics for your paper
If you don’t know what to discuss in your piece of writing, feel free to use these brilliant ideas:
- Prove that all people deserve to live in good conditions and have their own home based on rights for housing;
- Discuss if a homeless individual needs a suitable place to sleep at night as a temporary shelter;
- State if homelessness is a national and domestic or personal problem;
- Basic reasons why it’s hard for some individuals to escape from homelessness;
- Choose current government protections and public programs focus on effective options to provide assistance in cities;
- If a whole family is homeless, decide if special child protection services take kids away: whether this experience is positive and without any severe effect;
- Whether a homeless population should be drug and alcohol tested before giving any care, such as shelters, health aid, suitable jobs;
- Research if a mental illness can lead to homelessness and how it affects the society: whether mentally ill people suffer from living in poverty based on estimated statistics;
- Effective tools for making a change in this situation within the following years.
How to organize your paper on homelessness?
After conducting your in-depth research on homelessness and its effects in modern times, your next step is organizing your academic assignment. Stick to an effective system that includes:
- An opening section that provides readers with basic information on homelessness and contains your strong thesis statement;
- The next paragraph should transition them from the introduction to the main body (introduce your arguments and support them with solid evidence);
- Further paragraphs should show the targeted audience the materials that you gather on a given subject;
- Address counterarguments if you’re writing an argumentative essay on homelessness;
- A concluding section should summarize your thoughts, restate your thesis, and highlight its importance;
- Don’t forget to create works cited or bibliography page to list all sources of information;
- The only thing left to do is revise and edit a final draft.
Does it sound confusing? To get a clear idea of how to organize and structure your homelessness essay, read a helpful sample below.
Causes of homelessness essay
Do you notice people in your city asking for money who have no homes and regular income? You may think that it’s their fault. They could find a job to pay their rent and improve their lives, but there are some objective reasons why such people tend to lose their jobs and fail to return to a normal life.
One of the main factors that cause homelessness is a property-destroying disaster of any type, including hurricanes, earthquakes, tsunamis, fires, and others. They ruin many houses and cause material damage every year. Their victims lose property documents, cash stashes, and credit cards. It takes long months and even years to repair this damage, and relatives or friends aren’t always willing or can help victims.
Another group of risks that lead to homelessness is all about unhappy marriages and their harsh outcomes, like divorces, violence, and abuse. After a divorce, a spouse can lose the property. Domestic violence affects people of any age, and some of them prefer to avoid abusive relationships and suffer from homelessness.
Their institutional backgrounds may cause them to live on the street. People with post-traumatic stress disorders who took part in war conflicts may fail to fit into a normal lifestyle and living with their families. They don’t get along with a peaceful setting around them. Former prisoners are also at a high risk of joining a homelessness group.
It’s clear that not only people’s unwillingness to work and earn their living results in homelessness, but there are also other factors that contribute to this problem. Think about the negative outcomes of abusive relationships, disasters, divorce, non-conductive backgrounds, and other risk factors that may result in homelessness. It’s necessary to look for effective solutions to this issue. Homelessness rates keep increasing all over the world.
6 Do’s and don’ts of writing a winning homelessness paper
- Be passionate about your chosen subject to make the entire writing process more interesting;
- Use only reliable and updated sources for your research;
- Ensure that you have enough evidence and facts to support your stance;
- Avoid using morals or religion to support your argument;
- Don’t claim that you’re an expert on your chosen topic;
- Address conflicting sides and refute possible counterarguments.
This guide offers detailed directions on writing a homelessness paper. Take all the above-mentioned steps to submit a well-polished final draft. If you face some challenges or need assistance, call our responsive customer support managers and order our high-quality custom writing services at affordable rates. Our qualified and professional writers are willing to help you save a lot of time and guarantee excellent results.